Thread: 4+1: Enough?
View Single Post
Old July 2, 2018, 09:51 PM   #35
Model12Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_gunner View Post
The gun being present is enough sometimes. What do you expect? No one to break in or an entire gang. If you want to prepare yourself with a shotgun for help you have to realize what you need. I used to keep an O/U 12 gauge with 000. I felt satisfied with it. I also kept .410 with 3 inch 000 (5 ball) with a full 5 shot cylinder. I felt more than satisfied with it. But now with kids I keep a pistol kept high up and out of reach. Once they are older I might go back to my Circuit Judge or use my Hi-point rifle. For me, carbine sized guns are perfect. Steadiness of a long gun, slightly more power than a pistol, and yet not big like a full sized long gun. Try to walk through your house with a shouldered gun and imagine an intruder. I’d rather be less clumsy.
WV, I definitely get what you're saying. However for my needs I have no reason to walk through my house with a long gun unless I'm attacked during waking hours. If I'm awoken by noises from outside the bedroom, all training I've read on from many tops in the field say the worst thing one can do is go barge out. The only exception to this is if you have kids or wives in other rooms. I do not so it simplifies things. I keep the shotgun as a "barricade gun" if the perps feel the need to beat down the bedroom wall, and I've got a pistol nearby as backup in case there's no time to prepare the shotgun or as an auxiliary when the shotgun runs dry.

Page generated in 0.03105 seconds with 8 queries