View Single Post
Old December 4, 2019, 03:39 PM   #3
stagpanther

Thanks--I shot my paramount for the very first time today using what little blackhorn I had left; it's an amazing muzzleloader. I had put a night force SHV on and had completely forgotten the last rifle it was on was a 338 LM with 20 MOA rail so it took me some wasted shots and resetting the elevation zero-stop to finally get on paper. My very last shot remaining the reticle told me I needed about 10 MOA dial down to hit POA--I was quite glad when it hit the POA and smacked the bull's.

I can see why CVA recommends the blackhorn and the particular loads--it does burn very clean and I got no real benefit from going past their recommended 140 gr by volume which still easily topped 2400 fps with their unique 280 gr powerbelts. These bullets are a big step forward in muzzleloader performance--at 100 yds they are still cooking along at over 2000 fps and carrying almost 3000 ftlbs of energy. Bergara did a beautiful job engineering the rifle, lots of attention to details like the adjustable chin rest and trigger. Multiple attachment points for both swivel stud slings as well as their excellent included quick release sling which somehow does a great job of making my 12 lb set-up feel a lot less when shouldered for a hike.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2505-(1).jpg (138.9 KB, 1477 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2503-(1).jpg (150.6 KB, 1464 views)

Last edited by stagpanther; December 4, 2019 at 07:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.03212 seconds with 9 queries