View Single Post
Old February 11, 2019, 05:49 PM   #15
FireForged

Quote:
Remember that CCW is not about combat. If you're in a situation where a reload is required or there are multiple assailants you've made a tactical error and are in way over your head.
There is so much wrong with that statement I will simply assume that it was offered as sarcasm.

Quote:
As for IDPA and IPSC, there's a video out there between Ian of Forgotten Weapons and Ken Hackathorn on the origins of those https://youtu.be/Q9B9FxNVXN8. The notion that there is nothing in those events of any value is to me overly simplistic
I agree that it wouldn't be altogether honest to suggest that gun-games offer nothing of value ( I think it does) but at the same time, its not combat training, its training for more gun games. I am simply a proponent of training within the proper context which includes proper tactics, strategics and mindset. I don't think you can have those things to a level that is acceptable to me when you put tasks on a timer and have no realistic acknowledgement regarding the danger that potential targets(badguys) pose in real life.

Last edited by FireForged; February 11, 2019 at 06:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.02595 seconds with 8 queries