View Single Post
Old September 28, 2013, 03:41 PM   #27
ZentetsukenVII

Good thread and good advice. I do not have a CCW so I OC when I feel the need to carry. However, during family event's I often question whether or not to bring my gun. I think that OC would be a bit more trouble than it's worth despite how comfortable it is to carry a 1911 owb (I have a big family, some of which I don't know that well).

The other day my 5 year old nephew came over for me to babysit. I own two guns, an 870 tactical and my 1911. I keep the 870 loaded (not sure what condition this is) but with the pump open (as in ready to be cocked) with 6 in the tube and an empty chamber. When he comes over I always unload it and put it away, even though he'd never be able to pick it up, much less operate it.

As I digress, I took my pistol out of my waistband (I sometime CCW in my house and property) And was about to unload it and lock it up when I realized "My 5 year old nephew is here. If I feel the need to carry a gun when I'm home alone, I certainly need to carry when he's here". I stuck it back in my pants and that was that.

From now on, I always carry concealed at family events. I greatly doubt they will throw the law at me if they knew for whatever reason. But bad things happen in crazy places. I prefer being able to keep my family safe.

Page generated in 0.04511 seconds with 8 queries