Thread: Colt help?
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2013, 04:29 PM   #7
Winchester_73

I wouldn't pay $1400 but what do they bring in that condition without a box? I'd say they do sell at least online for $1400 +/-. Just like the Python, they bring that money because they are out of production. I have one, a OMM, and several K-22s and between the ergonomics IE feel and sights, the diamondback is the caboose of the group. If you want it for shooting, IMO there are better guns, but if you want it as a collectible, they are very in demand and sought after by collectors. When you find diamondbacks in 22, most will be 4in blue, so don't pay for it thinking its something unusual. I see much less of the 6in versions, snubs are rare, as are factory nickel guns, when talking diamondback 22s. As others have said, making an offer on the pair is a smart move, but make sure you get the old ladys phone # so you can call back every so often to see if she finds the boxes at a later time. The box adds much to the package, as you probably know.

* edit - Diamondbacks are very collectible, but I don't like them near as much for shooting. I did not mean to say Diamondbacks are last in collectibility, they are at the top.

Last edited by Winchester_73; March 22, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.03710 seconds with 8 queries