View Single Post
Old February 23, 2012, 01:42 PM   #26
homesick

primerman my point is on here you get several points of view and if a post is not clear or correct there is a response. Where as at the gun range most of the time its one on one or a single point of view. As for your statement
(Aren't the same people on the gun range the same people here?)
I would say some maybe but only a very few. The last time I heard advise was about a month ago, 5 or 6 people on the 100 yd range and a new to reloading guy is shooting his Browning A bolt 270, about 1/2 the primers are not seated properly. ( not seated all the way in ). The guy asks his buddy what can I do to fix them and his buddy says just take them home and seat the primers deeper. The newby says just run them back through the press and push them in farther, and his buddy says ya they just need a little more pressure applied to them. In most cases I don't say much but I had to one this one, I told him he needed to pull the bullets, dump the powder and then properly seat the primers. I tried to explain the danger in seating primers on loaded ammo.
Had that comment been made on this forum how many responses you think it would have gotten.

Page generated in 0.03299 seconds with 8 queries