View Single Post
Old November 10, 2011, 07:01 PM   #23
Bill Akins

I haven't used nor have any experience with those 50rd black dog drum mags G.Willikers. But they cost almost as much as the drum mags that are going to come into the country made by GSG that hold 110 rds. The largest capacity so far of any Ruger 10/22 magazine is 50rds. And the GSG drum mags will hold twice that plus ten. American Tactical Imports are the importers in the U.S. for GSG (German Sports Guns). They currently have those 110 rd drums available for the GSG 522 .22LR rifle. But they will also have them available for the Ruger 10/22 around Christmas according to the importer I spoke with at American Tactical Imports.

So if I were you, I'd wait and get a GSG Ruger 10/22 110 rd drum rather than pay almost the same price for a black dog 50 rd one. Pretty much a no brainer to pay about the same price and get double plus ten the capacity.
The GSG drum having 110 rds will be the ONLY Ruger 10/22 mag currently that exceeds 50 rds. I've personally seen my friends GSG 522 rifle's 110 rd drum mag, and it is a well made quality piece. It will be the exact same drum mag only with its top made to fit the Ruger 10/22. The GSG 10/22 110 rd drums are already out in Germany but just haven't gotten to the U.S. yet.

Check out this link for the GSG 110 rd drum for the GSG 522 rifle. It will be the same drum except its top will be made to fit the Ruger 10/22 and will hopefully be in the country around Christmas according to the importer.
http://www.americantactical.us/1585/detail.html

Sorry if my last post was confusing. I'll try to type it again so hopefully it's easier to understand.

You have four Ruger 10/22 rifle receivers and barrels. You mount those four 10/22 rifle receivers inside a large fake receiver that is made from a piece of aluminum channel. You position those 10/22 receivers inside the fake aluminum receiver so that your drum mags will not obstruct each other. In other words you space those 10/22 receivers so that when the drum mags are inserted in them, the drum mags do not hit against each other. But you turn your top two 10/22 receivers upside down so their drum mags project upward so there is no problem with those drums being obstructed by the receivers of your two lower 10/22's whose drum mags stick downward. The drum mags will look kind of like two Micky Mouse ears sticking upward side by side and another set of Micky Mouse ears sticking downward side by side.

Your bottom two 10/22 receivers are mounted side by side as are your top two 10/22 receivers. So that the triggers are directly across from each other so that you can connect the BMF trigger activators together using a rod so that when you turn the crank on one of the BMF activators, the rod going across to the other BMF activator will turn that one too.

So now you have your four 10/22's receivers mounted and spaced within your fake aluminum channel receiver, so that the bottom two drum mags and the top two drum mags do not hit against each other.

And the top two 10/22's have their triggers directly side by side and opposite of each other so you can connect their BMF trigger activators together via a rod. Same for the bottom two 10/22's. Each gun side by side to the other gun has their BMF trigger activators connected to each other via a rod.

Now you put a gear tooth sprocket on the bottom right 10/22's BMF trigger activator spindle and you do the same thing on the top right 10/22's BMF trigger activator spindle. Then you install a chain so that the bottom right 10/22's sprocket will cause the chain to turn the sprocket on the upper right 10/22's BMF trigger activator.

So what you have is the two top gun's BMF trigger activators that are side by side, are already connected via a rod to each other. Same for the two lower guns. So the top two guns trigger activators are connected to each other via a rod, and the bottom two guns are connected to each other via a rod.

But now you want to connect all four of them together. So you install a gear tooth sprocket on the bottom right gun's BMF activator spindle and also install a gear tooth sprocket on the upper right guns BMF activator spindle. The chain going upward from the bottom right gun to the upper right gun on those two geared sprockets will now cause all four BMF trigger activators to rotate their cams and fire all four triggers.

You can position the cams so either one gun only fires at a time, or two guns side by side fire at the same time, or all four guns fire at the same time. All depending on how you position the cams of the BMF activator when you install the connecting rod that connects two BMF activators to each other across two guns side by side.

Look at this picture carefully again. Do you see that silvery white skinny rod coming from the trigger guard area of each gun going across to the other gun's trigger guard? The rod you see that goes across the black mount on the tripod? See it?

Well, the spindle on the BMF trigger activator is threaded on both sides so you can put the crank handle on either side you want. The BMF trigger activator having its spindle threaded on both sides, allows one end of that skinny rod in the pic to be screwed into the left side of the right guns BMF activator's threaded spindle and the other end of the rod is screwed into the right side of the other BMF activator's threaded spindle on the gun on the left side. So that skinny rod bridges across and connects the two BMF activators side by side together. Do you see and understand that?

So now you see how one crank handle can turn both of the BMF trigger activators on both guns. Because both side by side guns' BMF trigger activators are connected together by a rod. Understand?

Well, all you are doing is setting that system up twice using four guns (although the top two guns are inverted). And then you are connecting the two....two gun systems' BMF trigger activators together via a geared tooth sprocket and chain. In other words the geared tooth sprocket and chain just connects the already connected bottom two guns' BMF trigger activators to the already connected top two guns BMF trigger activators.

Did I type it so you could understand it better this time?

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; November 10, 2011 at 07:38 PM.

Page generated in 0.03699 seconds with 8 queries