View Single Post
Old September 26, 2010, 11:34 AM   #1
s2thalayer

metal target questions

Im building my own range at my house, for many many reasons. One being the local range here in Danville, VA refuses to allow any quicker succession than a double tap. I shoot primarily an M4 and an AK47...so i like to shoot rapid every now and then, and 3 shot bursts (What the M4 was built to do). The range officer gets all over me for even a 3 shot burst. i feel like if im going to pay money to be there, thats ridiculous. so ive got a perfect spot on my land to make a range and im going to do it.

i already built wooden stands for targets, however, i prefer long range shooting, and i dont want to have to walk to the targets to know if its a hit. This is the main reason i went to the range in town, they have metal targets, and i hear the ping when i hit them. I cant find these targets anywhere. theyre about the size of a man, from torso up. If anyone could tell me where to find them, id appreciate it.

Also, i thought if i cant find them...theyre pretty simple, why cant i just make my own...but i was worried about type of metal used and so on. Also ricochets are a huge worry of mine. i live on a farm, the area behind the targets is a huge hill, so not worried about that, however somewhere above that hill are houses, a good ways back, but theyre there. also for my safety, how dangerous are metal targets as far as ricochets are concerned?

any help is appreciated, thanks.

Page generated in 0.02360 seconds with 8 queries