View Single Post
Old August 30, 2010, 11:37 AM   #31
maestro pistolero

Quote:
Quote:
Read post 11, 14, and 19 of this thread. Familiarize yourself with the concept of escalation and disparity of force, and then get back to us.
Quote:
Please do not insult my intelligence by patronizing me. I am well aware of those concepts, and stand by my remarks. I will not place my own life at risk by dependence upon a weapon which I consider to be highly unreliable and ineffective.
If your life is at risk then pepper spray wouldn't be an option, would it? So, tell me again how well you understand the concepts of escalation and disparity of force?

But, let's say, you were being threatened with less than lethal force, and it wasn't a robbery. Say, you took someone's intended parking space by mistake, and now they are trying to punch you in the face.

Ok, then what would you use? You can't carry a police baton, nunchakus, (or a taser, in many states). Since more altercations call for less than lethal force, what, if you don't mind, IS your plan besides pulling a gun? Or do you want to fight them, tear up your nice slacks, bloody your knuckles, be late for dinner, plus other potential untenable consequences possibly including getting your ass kicked.

Because if lethal force is not called for, drawing will likely get you charged with brandishing a firearm in a rude and threatening manner, or whatever the charge would be in your state.

So what are YOUR alternatives to pulling a gun?

Last edited by maestro pistolero; August 30, 2010 at 03:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.03451 seconds with 8 queries