View Single Post
Old May 26, 2009, 06:21 PM   #139
bigger hammer

Earlier I wrote,
Quote:
More than likely you just moved into an area with a less aggressive outlook of how to do law enforcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdogs
BINGO!!!!
Point of note is this area has very incredibly LOW crime rate and where the more aggressive "police work" style is conducted on the law abiding and criminals equally is rife with crime!
Yes and? Aggressive police work is how police officers drive crime rates down. You're looking at a moment in time. It doesn’t happen overnight, it takes years for the word to get out. We'll never eliminate crime, I liken it to a handful of peanut butter. Squeeze it and it does not disappear, it just moves elsewhere. When we drove crooks out of my city they moved to our neighbors. When they applied pressure they moved elsewhere still.

Quote:
I want the police to aggressively pursue crime reports...
"To actively pursue crime reports?" I think you mean to "aggressively pursue criminals. lol

Quote:
Not to aggressively pull folks over for stupid reasons and randomly search!
ROFLMAO. AGAIN I have to wonder where you learned to do police work since you claim 14 years of it. A street police officer finds and arrests criminals in large part by making traffic stops. Those are usually based on minor traffic violations. You like to call them "stupid reasons" but the fact is that's how MOST arrests start. It's very rare to catch a burglar or bank robber in the act of committing his crime, that only lasts for a few moments at most. But the act of driving to and from (equipped with the tools of the trade) lasts much longer and has much more exposure to street police officers. And since many, if not most crimes are committed by people under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol that gives us another "in" to the car.

Quote:
The case of the elderly woman who was pulled over and the search of her car found tens of thousands of dollars (possibly 50K IIRC) that she was transporting to put a down payment on her retirement dream home... The money was seized for quite some time putting her thru heck to get it back...
Got a link Brent? I have no idea what you're referring to. And BTW what has this to do with the reason that this thread was started? Do you recall the promise from the moderator to shut it down if this turned into, as it has, another cop bashing thread? Do you even care?

Page generated in 0.06115 seconds with 8 queries