View Single Post
Old May 26, 2008, 03:24 PM   #6
2cooltoolz

I've been semi-successfully carjacked once, about 13 years ago. My wife and I were out for the evening, 1993 Corvette with blacked-out (as much as legal) windows. I guess it was obvious there wouldn't be more than two in a two seater. I lived in a condo complex with auto sensor gates and figure the BG's must have followed us in, though I didn't see them. I pulled into my carport, turned to get out and looked into a 12 gauge (about tennis ball gauge) barrel. The guy told me to put the keys back in the ignition and get out. He had a dead drop on me, I don't think I could have beat him if I'd had gun-in-hand. I told him,"No problem, no trouble here, buddy, this is your car!" and got out. His pardner had by wife at gunpoint with a semi on the other side. They both jumped in the car, I ran across and grabbed my wife and dragged her through the hedges into another yard and peeked back.

The BG couldn't drive a manual! He and his cohort ran to their old rattrap where a third guy was waiting and crashed through the gate leaving, leaving their front bumper, with plate, behind. As far as I know the police never caught them...I never was contacted.

If I had a gun aimed and ready to shoot as I opened the door I might have had an even chance, but my wife would have bought it. If I'd had one concealed and fired as I stepped past the baddie, my wife would have bought it. If I was Steven Seagal and had taken out #2 with a head shot, then turned the gun on my guy, and won, the third guy (who I never saw until they ran back to their car) probably would have gotten me.

They had me and didn't pull the trigger. I didn't argue or resist and let him know this was a no hassle deal. I got lucky. I carry all the time now, but I think that night I was probably better off without.

There was also a completely unsuccessful attempt once, but that's another story.

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 8 queries