View Single Post
Old July 26, 1999, 12:59 PM   #8
Tribune

Jeff OTMG:
Thanks for the info. You are pretty much confirming what George was kind enough to help research for me. I definitely WILL NOT illegally alter this rifle, of course, which was never my intention and probably will just plink a little with it, as it is not an intended personal defense weapon, so the high-capacity mag issue isn't all that important. Still, it's good to know what your LEGAl options are in this ever increasingly complex legal/political environment. The Saiga I bought doesn't have pistol grip, flash suppressor, bayonet lugs, etc, that define an assault weapon, as I understand it, but I normally just shoot 3-5 round groups anyway. The rifle is so darn heavy, it would probably be unbalanced and cumbersome with giant mags full of 7.62 ammo, in any event. An AR-15 looks like space-age technology when one compares these two. Still, I know many shooters own and love Russian riles. I bought this one, not knowing much about them, based on their reputation for ruggedness, simplicity of design and price. Good shooting to you. Tribune.

Page generated in 0.02912 seconds with 8 queries