View Single Post
Old September 17, 2009, 12:31 AM   #3
RoscoeC

Quote:
Note: The Beretta 390 and AL390 were both Italian made shotguns, which are no longer in production. The 390 used a steel receiver, while the slightly lighter AL390 had an aluminum receiver.
I have an old A390. Made in Italy. Aluminum receiver. I also have an AL390 bought nearly 2 years ago. Marked on both sides of the receiver "Made in USA". The barrel is marked "Made in Italy".

Quote:
The shotgun that you see on sale in that ad is a Beretta Model 3901 American, which is made in the USA at the same factory that makes the M9 handgun for US Army.
The shotgun you see in that add is an AL390, just like the one I bought. It technically is not a 3901, although about the only difference that I can see is the markings and the 3901 is a rounded receiver while the AL390 is semi-humpback. The receiver is made in Accokeek, Maryland, the Beretta factory and as stated before, the barrel is made in Italy. The 3901 while virtually the same gun (no doubt finished a bit better) will cost you about $200.00 more.

Quote:
It is basically a clone of the old AL390, but with a cheaper matte blue finish and with no chrome bolt.
Now that is almost correct. It is a clone of the old A390, but with a cheaper matte blue finish and no chrome bolt. And a semi humpback receiver rather than the rounded one.
NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02730 seconds with 8 queries