View Single Post
Old July 21, 2014, 06:58 PM   #9
barnbwt

I wonder if there's an argument to be made that import restrictions inexorably lead to domestic restrictions? The latter of which can only be effectively enforced by registering the items before the door is actually shut? Which can then be easily confiscated at the behest of the general public once legal owners dwindle to a sufficiently defenseless portion of the electorate?

This stuff really does insist upon itself. Hopefully CA won't have the wait as long as the rest of the country has (for machine guns) to realize they just banned semi-automatic pistols. "Dry up the supply" and all that is now in effect, and there will be nothing but further measures to ensure no new semi auto handguns can be brought in or made. Prices skyrocket, and it becomes increasingly easy to agitate for the same restrictions on rifles and shotguns.

I'd love to see this try to stand up in court, but alas, it will take a long time for things to truly get as far as what would be considered by an biased judge to be a de facto ban, and by then, the people will be fully enured to the 'new normal'

TCB

Page generated in 0.03444 seconds with 8 queries