View Single Post
Old April 24, 2022, 05:54 AM   #12
stagpanther

Quote:
IMHO (remember, I am not a lawyer) the rule is taking specific aim at AR-15s, but those who have studied it more deeply and with better understanding of legalese than I possess have suggested that the language could extend to semi-auto slides due to the firing pin or striker being housed in the slide.
I only read a bit of it, but my impression is the ruling takes aim primarily at what constitutes a "ghost gun." The "split receiver" thing to me sounds like they are trying to account for the separation of the fire control mechanism and bolt/firing pin/striker in seperate containing components as found in the examples they gave.

I've never really understood the obsession with silencer regulation since they have never supplied any significant data that I'm aware of that correlates violent crime/homicide with the use of silencers. I could be wrong, though.

Ultimately--IMO anyone with enough time and tools can make a firearm from scratch, much of the regulations seem to be "stop-gap" impediments to the ease or simplicity of assembling a functional firearm. Seems like there are some additional record-keeping burdens being placed on licensees. I personally was approved for multiple FFL category licenses but once I did a "real world analysis" of all the impacts of record-keeping etc vs what I could actually make as a business--I immediately resigned them.

Page generated in 0.03288 seconds with 8 queries