View Single Post
Old April 3, 2018, 02:27 PM   #16
MandolinMan

typically between 1-25 yards.

Many will tell you that shooting over 15 feet is useless because statistically self defense distances are much closer. I would certainly agree that this is generally the case. But I don't believe that it necessarily follows that distance shooting is useless. The 25 yard line reveals technique flaws that go unnoticed at 25 feet. It forces one to think more about sight alignment and trigger control. Also, while rare, there have been documented cases of justifiable self defense at longer than average distances. I think Massad Ayoob has an article on this subject. And if I remember correctly from my days stocking shelves at the local grocery, aisles are usually around 80+ feet from end to end. Just some food for thought.
" The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03132 seconds with 8 queries