View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 09:55 PM   #9
Joe the Redneck

I believe they will make good. It sounds like a clerk messed up. I don't blame you for being upset.

I would call the manager and politely ask if you could get a free case or some ammo for the weapon. You know, "Look, I know this wasn't intentional. But I would like something for my trouble. I was told my gun was in, made a special trip and nothing. And I don't even know when my gun will be in. You can se why I'm a little upset."

You should ask for something. Worst he can say is no. If he does, ask for a refund. "Well, can I get my money back then?" And don't say another word. A good manager will want to make it right. If he doesn't, get the gun and find another shop.

I guess you have figured out that it is always a bad idea to pay in advancel for an item or service you have not yet received. Back in the early 90s I got a Tok and a Nagant revolver special order (this was when they first started coming into the country.) My guy wouldn't even take a deposit. "Pay for it when they come in. If you don't pick them up, I'll sell them to someone else."

That's how it ought to be.

Page generated in 0.03673 seconds with 8 queries