View Single Post
Old October 15, 2016, 08:17 AM   #7
Linegrind

I did take about half and hour after my last outing to clean the gun. It was pretty amazing how dirty it was after a box of ammo. The crown looks good to me but maybe there is something amock with it. So far I'm leaning towards just retiring the rifle to backup duty and just buying a fresh one. I'll probably keep tinkering with it though. I doubt I'll rebarrel it at this point. Just sounds far to expensive. I suppose I'll have to take a loot at that X-bolt or M77 I've been eyeing. Maybe even both...So to kind of change the subject of my thread, any opinions on the next caliber I purchase? I've had fun with the 7mm but I'd like to play with a few other loads too. What's on the table for me right now is a 6.5 creedmore because I think it could be fun to experiment with, another 7mm tried and true, 300wsm or 300 win mag because I see a lot of them around in lefty bolts. Really open to any ideas and interested to hear anybodies reasoning. Black bear is about the biggest toughest thing I hunt and I'm confident with most any centerfire cartridge that I can make the shot.

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries