View Single Post
Old August 6, 2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Walt Sherrill

The Beretta is a fine gun and it would be an excellent service or home defense weapon, but not great for concealed carry because of it's size. But, if you think a fullsize gun is OK, either the Glock 17 or the CZ 75B should be considered as well.

If you aren't turned off by polymer, the Glock 19 or 17 are hard to beat, and the 19 is smaller, which makes it a little better for concealed carry.

If you want a steel or alloy weapon, and want a gun that is easily concealed, the CZ compacts are also a good choice. The STEEL Compact (capital C) is noticeably heavier than the alloy compact CZs. The alloy compacts, however, come only in decocker versions, and decockers force a slight difference between the first and subsequent trigger pulls.

I carry a pocket gun most of the time. Otherwise I favor the Glock 19, 23, or 38. (And please note: I'm a big CZ fan.)

There is a new CZ model, the P-02, which has the alloy frame of the P-01 and offers a safety (rather than a decocker); that wasn't available when I had compact CZs, and it's worth consideration, too.

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; August 6, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.03105 seconds with 8 queries