View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 09:28 AM   #2
PawPaw

Welcome to concealed carry. May you carry it long and never need it.

But, yours is one of the most common comments about concealed carry. We go through a learning curve that extends through the rest of our lives. Folks are always making new holsters touting them as the latest and greatest and some of them pass the test, some don't. People have different concealment needs depending on gender, body size, height, and daily habits. The problem does not have a one-size-fits-all solution.

A good belt helps a lot with waistband carry and I often advise new carriers to get the best belt they can afford. It's a whole lot better to have an inexpensive holster on a great belt than an expensive holster on a bad belt. A good belt distributes the weight better and gives you a more solid platform for your draw. I prefer a pancake holster on a good belt, simply because it holds the weapon in close and tight, also a little higher than some other holsters. I don't find any problem sitting in a chair or vehicle if I'm wearing a good pancake holster.

I'm not a fan of shoulder holster, although I've bought several over the years. That's simply personal preference, but I always felt constrained. I mentioned to my wife one day that I understood why, when she got home she always took off her bra. After a full day of wearing a shoulder holster I was ready to ditch the thing. I put in in a box (we've all got a box full of holsters) and my son snatched it to try out. Whether or not he likes it, I don't want it back.

http://pawpawshouse.blogspot.com

Page generated in 0.02946 seconds with 8 queries