View Single Post
Old August 22, 2011, 02:27 AM   #26
destroyer4570

Hello all, I am new to this forum but I must say I have read some very interesting posts, I got busted once, but it was more human error than the fault of the rifle. I was hog hunting with a friend of mine when a group of hogs a sow and her piglets came out to feed at the feeder in front of us. A few minutes later a lone boar came out of the brush about 40yrds in front of us between us and the feeding sow and her young. This was the biggest bore I have seen before so I wanted to take it, so I lifted my gun, got the cross hairs settled on the boars head and squeezed the trigger and CLICK......the hammer fell but no bang, I had forgotten to take the safety of my marlin 45-70 guide gun.....needless to say every pig in and around the feeder ran off into the brush living to fight another day....we waited about an hour to see if they or another group of hogs would return after it settled some but nothing returned that night. A week later however, I shot a large sow I was really wanting to see that boat again but we never saw him again......

Page generated in 0.03399 seconds with 8 queries