View Single Post
Old July 4, 2011, 10:47 PM   #117
jimbob86

Quote:
There's no reason to shoot a mountain lion.
Me and mine are on a mountain lion's menu. That's a reason. If a mountain lion inhabits areas me and mine frequent, he's on my list. At the very top.

Quote:
Even if it's raiding your cows for food, there are ways to stop it without killing it.
There are ways to keep the deer population down that don't involve hunting them (by man or beast), either. None are very efficient.

You obviously don't make your living in the field of animal husbandry/agriculture. How about if we take a $500-1000 out of your annual salary every week or so ...... and tell you you have to find a gubmint agent (that is none too keen on helping you- they'll tell you there are no theives in this part of the country!)) to prove that it's being taken and then another gubmint agent to catch the thief or theives, without a gun..... eventually, the gubmint agent will rely on a gun to catch the thief......

Ranchers are practical DIY guys. They have good reason to deal with threats to their livelyhood as quiclyand efficiently as possible.

Page generated in 0.03324 seconds with 8 queries