View Single Post
Old June 10, 2009, 11:44 PM   #1
shadow83

Pyrodex RS & .45 Colt

I searched and read till my eyes were spinning in opposite directions. Maybe too many search terms.

I want to load my .45 Colt with Pyrodex RS and 255 Gr cast lead bullets. I have loaded standard Geox BP before and just filled the brass to about 1/8" from the top and capped the bullet so I never measured grains in volume. I got the load info from a BP shooter at the range.

I now want to use Pyrodex RS but am reading that it is more powerful than BP and the loads are in grain by volume. Trouble is that I only have scales and the volume measurers I have are the Lee powder cups in CCs. The slider chart for the Lee cup set lists Pyrodex RS but I am not sure if the cup size equals volume or weight in grains.

I realize that this may sound like a stupid question but I am getting nervous since I can not find any conversions with grians in volume, only mass. Can anyone please help me understand how to measure grains in volume instead of mass? Or do I just load as I did with BP?

Also the filler I use when loading smokeless are from Wally's Wads, they are vegetable fiber disks. Would that be OK if I do need filler witht the Pyrodex? I have read that polyester should be used.

Thanks in advance.

Page generated in 0.02858 seconds with 8 queries