View Single Post
Old September 12, 2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

Thanks for the link. Reading the excerpts, it does sound like cheerleading, but at the same time, I agree with the sentiment. I'd really like to see ordinary folks get off the couch and show a little vigilance. Perhaps we might see some sort of resurgence of civic virtue, no matter how small.

Quote:
Meanwhile, although we have seen two great decisions come out of the SCOTUS recently, the Congress still persists in proposing more laws to infringe the 2nd Amendment, rather than proposing to repeal or amend infringing laws to make them LESS of an infringement.
I can't think of any laws proposed since 2008 that have any chance of gaining traction. Stuff like the AWB renewal, the Blair Holt thing, and the .50-caliber rifle ban come up all the time. Congressfolk can propose whatever they want; the question is whether they can get it through the wheels.

Lately, the answer is a resounding "no."

Quote:
I live in one of what is sometimes referred to as the "blue states."
I had the misfortune to live in one for some time, and I can understand your frustration. We tried to get reform. We failed. To this day, those folks are still pushing that rock up the hill, and I can only wish them the best.

As for the FOPA, I know. There are a number of flaws, not the least of which is the Hughes amendment. However, the clause you're talking about can be addressed through future legislation.

Bear in mind, we're still taking baby steps when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. It's only been a right for two years, and only a fundamental one for a couple of months. It can look gloomy, I know.

But we're seeing and end to the tunnel, even if that light is a bit further off in some parts of the country.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries