Thread: 10/22 or 15/22?
View Single Post
Old December 5, 2018, 12:56 PM   #22
zukiphile

Quote:
Ah I see. So in the CMMG build, with a lighter bolt does that just make the firearm cycle harder and 8ncrease felt recoil or is it a wear and tear thing?
It's not wear and tear; I don't like the hard cycling. Also, with a stock recoil spring and the newer crop of fast 40gr ammunition, I wonder if I am hearing port pop. Hard to tell whether it is that or the bolt reaching the end of its rearward travel.

Quote:
Has anyone ever tried using small post screws to keep the trigger in one piece? I've seen some cool non threaded designs for tiny post screws when I worked in a cleanroom environment for a while. I imaging the cost of the trigger would go up by at least 40$ but I imagine some people would buy them for "ultra reliability."
I don't think the pin design hinders reliability, but it can be disheartening to get to step 3 and realise you've inadvertently lost the pin you inserted in step 1 because you forgot to keep the assembly level.

If you are the sort of person who can make his own stock, you are an order of magnitude more handy than I will ever be. I'm guessing that none of these 10/22 niggles will bother you, and you'll end up with a prettier item than an AR.

Page generated in 0.05532 seconds with 8 queries