View Single Post
Old February 10, 2019, 01:38 PM   #12
jmstr

Mr. Natural,

When you remove the slide, you have to pull the slide back, press the button on top of the slide down HARD, let the slide move forward [while button pressed down] and then rotate slide stop lug lever [on right side] down, then slide the slide off the gun to the rear.

Once the slide is off the pistol frame, the stop lug spring presses the stop lug back into the vertical position, and the lever on the right side rotates to just a bit below pointing straight forward.

If you have taken the slide off, rotate the take down lever [stop lug lever] and the stop lug will rotate from vertical to pointing forward.

The part that you see is moving is the stop lug.

The takedown lever is connected to a shaft that slides through it, and is held in place by the trigger bar cover on the left side.

A casual glance at that pivoting part may make it seem like 90 degrees, but you need to give it a critical glance.

The impact area I am describing can only be viewed if you have the slide off [set it aside for now] and rotate the stop lug/takedown lever down, so the stop lug points forward.

the space that is now open may have signs of being dented. This is the space that is directly under the front of those lugs that are on the frame.

When the stop lug is pressed to the rear it can deform the metal over decades- especially with no driver spring [recoil spring to the rest of the world] replacements and/or High Velocity [Minimag-speed] ammo. If anyone uses Hyper-Velocity [Stinger or faster] ammo, the risk is much greater.

The owners manual at time of sale said high velocity was ok. However, the consensus among those who have done research is that high velocity is best avoided, as there is no accuracy advantage over standard velocity and there is a greater risk of damage to the handgun over time.

If you really get into High Standards, there is a dedicated sub-forum of rimfire central dot com for them. That is where I've learned as much as I have- the people there have taught me.

Page generated in 0.03116 seconds with 8 queries