View Single Post
Old November 28, 2019, 05:16 PM   #22
American Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
I'd be willing to bet someone has felt that way about every election we've ever had since the first one.

"30 seats unopposed".. ok I'll assume its a verifiable fact. Now did one side do nothing? Or just nothing that you can see from outside? Lots of times things look different from the inside than they do from the outside.

How many of those seats were places where the local people decided it was simply a waste of resources fighting what they couldn't win? I don't know, but I think they do.

We are in a position where one party is actively working against something we believe in, and the other party has a lot of people who feel like "well, where else are you gonna go??" so they take our support as a given. Not all, by any means, but enough to have an effect.

It isn't one man, (or two if you count Pence) holding anything ALL BY THEMSELVES.
Just how many people do you think are standing in between the next worst assault on the US Constitution? Am I off by just one person? I guess I should have included McConnell. If you think somehow that a unprecedented attack on gun rights would not be occurring right now if Trump did not hold the top spot and McConnell not hold the Senate, you are underestimating the left. They have learned from their mistakes... their mistakes being to not shred the constitution as much as they possibly can as fast as they can. They already proved they don't care about their own constituents by shoving Obamacare down America's throat with millions not being able to even afford the premiums so they paid the fine instead and did not have any insurance. If I were a middle class working democrat, I would have thought, "with friends like these, who needs enemies"... and somehow Obama sailed to his second term. If we did not have the Senate, I believe at this point in time that Pelosi and Schumer would shut down the government till an AWB was passed. And just wait till the next Democrats sits in the white house. What they do with their Pen and Phone will be nothing compared to what Obama did. The only thing they learned from Obama was how much further they actually could have pushed things... despite erasing most of what Obama has done. The left can go scorched earth because they think their constituents are expendable. I don't know of a single personality willing to disrupt the status quo the way Trump has. I could be wrong, it might just be Trump that is single handedly staving off what is coming. The left continues to underestimate him and I have no doubt that they would be bombarding any other republican president with much more cause they probably would not have fought nearly as hard as him.

Page generated in 0.03271 seconds with 8 queries