View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 04:17 AM   #18
Scimmia

Quote:
Only if the state has "The Department shall enter into reciprocal agreements with any other state whose requirements to obtain a license or permit is substantially similar to those requirements contained in Section 85"
I, for example, come from a state that has NO training requirement for OC or CC. Luckily, if I wanted to get a non-resident IL license, I have the training needed, but that pre-requisite is there...
Read it again. It never once says that those agreements are required to be recognized. It says

a nonresident of Illinois may carry a handgun in accordance with this Act if the nonresident:
(A) is 21 years of age or older;
(B) has in his or her immediate possession a valid license that authorizes the individual to carry a concealed firearm issued to him or her by another state; and
(C) is a legal resident of the United States.

And goes on to say that it "applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm license holders from states that honor Illinois concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses."

There are a number of states that will only recognize a state's permit if that state recognizes them, so the reciprocal agreements are important and "the Department" is required to make them, but they are not required to be recognized. Iowa, for example, has universal recognition. Since Iowa recognizes the permits that would be issued under this law, Illinois would automatically recognize Iowa's.

Page generated in 0.02714 seconds with 8 queries