View Single Post
Old August 25, 2018, 12:03 PM   #4
jmr40

Selling the Smith 63 and maybe the Remington 22 so cheaply was probably a mistake. But selling the 16 ga wasn't that bad. And I think you did good dumping the Red Label. Those have proven to be less than desirable.

Those 16 ga 870's were built on 12 ga receivers so there was no real advantage to owning one vs a 12. A 20 does everything a 16 does and 16's are still obsolete and hard to find ammo for. That hasn't changed since the 1970's. I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having either of the shotguns.

The Smith 63 is the only one that I really think was a mistake.

I've been buying/selling/trading guns since the 1970's too. I've owned over 200 guns of various types, but rarely over 15-20 at any single time. There were a handful that I had 2nd thoughts about letting go at one time or another. But now at age 60 looking back there are none that I've let go that I'd really want back.

About the only thing that I'd imagine I'd really have any remorse about would be if I sold something with family history. And I've not done that.

Winston Churchill

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries