View Single Post
Old April 21, 2013, 01:43 PM   #1
BerdanSS

wife got me a double .50!

We all hear of those unexplained phenomenons....where out of the blue a guys wife presents him with a long wanted firearm. I spotted this at the Croy Creek Trader Fair today.

I talked to the feller selling it and he said he bought it new from a bass pro shop or Cabellas (he couldn't remember which) as a consecutive numbered set. He had fired the right barrel a total of three times, and the left one twice on this one. The last shot of the right barrel was to kill a 12 point buck at 65 yards in southern Kentucky. He said he didn't need both of them and wanted to sell this one because the other had nicer figured wood.

Apparently my wife saw me drooling over it, and walking off disappointed that he wouldn't budge off the price...which was more fold'n money than I had brought. About ten minuets later, she walked up behind me with it while I was talking to my buddy that had came with us about the .22 he just bought. Boy was I a happy camper! She said it was for our up coming 3rd wedding anniversary that (until now) she didn't know what to get for me.

This is one of those smoke polls I've always wanted, but would never spend the money on myself to get. What a gem she is! (the wife is pretty good too)

To top it all off, she had chewed him down and got a great deal on it.

Last edited by BerdanSS; April 21, 2013 at 04:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.03257 seconds with 8 queries