View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 09:20 AM   #9
HiBC

I'm confused. I don't understand .
I can comprehend a threaded barrel that extends beyond the slide to screw a suppressor onto.

Most semi-autos have some diameter at the front of the slide the barrel passes through. Example is a barrel bushing on a 1911.

With a 1911,it supports the barrel. On some guns,its just a clearance hole at the end of the slide. Are you looking for that hole to be big enough to accept a threaded sleeve protruding from the suppressor ? One that reaches through the end of the slide to thread onto a barrel with threads?

Hmmm.

I'd suggest getting a drop in extended threade barrel to install when you want to use your suppressor.

I wonder if you may have seen a video of someone changing a compensator on a 1911 race gun.

In that case,the barrel bushing is eliminated. The OD of the barrel is threaded to accept a tapered portion of the compensator that fits the open front of the slide. Those are typically a semi-permanent assembly,with loctite.

The comp is not conveniently removed,and the gun won't run without the comp in place.

Might you have mistaken a compensator for a suppressor?

Page generated in 0.02407 seconds with 8 queries