View Single Post
Old September 8, 2013, 12:36 PM   #36
DD4lifeusmc

nitrate

I see a lot of Sharps owners and shooters here. I am trying to locate a source of nitrated (flash) paper to build cartridges for my reproduction Sharps rifle and carbine. Or, where can a person buy nitrate to make their own 'flash' paper. Since 9/11, this kind of stuff has gotten practically impossible to find for purchase. Or, am I looking in all the wrong places?
Also, does anyone make a bullet mold for .54 Sharps at an affordable price? If so, who?
I'm new to this forum and, new to breech loader b/p guns. I've had and used 'front loaders' for a good number of years, both percussion and flintlock, but I'm a newbie with a breechloader. Please bear with me.
------------------------------------------
you can buy the nitrate at lowes home center. Forget what it is maybe somebody here remembers.
Pedersoli makes a mould for the sharps. You can get from Dixie or possibles shop maybe others, but not cheap. Based on a Lyman style steel mould and a single cavity.
I have one and if you wish I can mould you some up.
I do both paper and metallic cartridge in my 1863,
I use plain old zig zag rolling paper. Quick and easy.
I spend more time at the 1858 remngton forum than here, so pm me there if you want.

Page generated in 0.02911 seconds with 8 queries