View Single Post
Old September 18, 2007, 08:56 AM   #4
Tanzer

While I separate myself FAAAR away from such stupidity, I have a tale to tell; I'm a sailor. I've sailed my boat to many exotic locations. Once, at anchorage in a small harbor near the Dominican Republic, we met a couple who frequented the area. They warned us about local pirates boarding you at night. I told them of my pistol, shotgun, and the dogs that sail with us. "Good idea", they said, but added that it's a good idea to, get this; Throw tacks around the deck. They even offered me a box.
I declined, and after a few gin-tonics, we brought the dogs to shore and settled down for the night. The wind picked up after midnight, and anchors don't always hold well in coral, so he started to drag anchor, coming rather close to our boat. Up he came in his BVD's to let out more rode and, you guessed it. "OW! OOO! AHHH!" and other explatives that would not be proper to mention. His wife was trying to start the engine, same deal; "EEE". By now our dogs are barking at them, they're on their way toward the shoreline, and doing what appreared to be a tribal dance ritual. This was before hip-hop music, but every time I see one of those so called "artists" on stage, I remember Jim and Carol, dancin' in the moonlight.
BTW-they were okay. Anchor grabbed, we went over the next morning prepared with our med kit that includes bacitracin and vicodin. He got a little itchy when I asked : "Did you see any pirates?, guess you dance kept 'em away". Man, I hope he has a shotgun now.

Page generated in 0.03267 seconds with 8 queries