View Single Post
Old January 14, 2017, 10:45 PM   #1
ShotNeverBought

Remington Derringer Confusion

I am hoping to help my mother-in-law gather information on a set of guns left by my late father-in-law, in order to prevent her from being ripped off. One of the guns in the set is a Remington .41 Rimfire Double Derringer with the text on the barrel reading "REMINGTON ARMS -- U.M.C.CO.ILION,N.Y." The bottom of the barrel has the numbers "8" and "1" stamped vertically into it, and "18" is stamped under the hardened rubber panels on the sides. I have found a lot of information calling this gun a "Model 95" or "Model 3" or "Type 3" or "Model 4" or dozens of other things. I have also seen the values of similar-looking guns range from $200 to $3000. Honestly, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info, or maybe I'm just getting confused! haha I don't believe this gun is in fantastic condition, but am not sure if it's age or variation would add value to it, or if some restoration could improve it's appeal. Additionally, one of the side panels is cracked, and the hinge is cracked, and I know this affects the value, but I'm not sure how. I have included pictures to this post for clarification, and would love any information I can get (I will add a comment with additional images, it seems the limit is 3). From what I know, this is a yard sale find, so no disappointment if this isn't special, but I want my mother-in-law to get what she deserves! Thank you for your help, and let me know if I am posting in the wrong place or misusing this board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1265_s.jpg (182.0 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1268_s.jpg (166.0 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1269_s.jpg (169.9 KB, 202 views)

Page generated in 0.02191 seconds with 9 queries