View Single Post
Old October 13, 2017, 08:24 AM   #24
pmsmith2032

Thanks all for the great feedback. I've been doing some more research and plan on doing the following:

1. Glass bed the front and back of the action. Are the two areas outlined in red in the picture below the two areas I need to bed?
2. File/grind down the magazine box (see picture below). I've been researching online and on another site I read how the magazine box provides pressure on the stock and should be ground down so that it is actually a little loose when the screws are tightened to spec. I checked mine and the magazine box is tight.
3. Buy a Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. Mine has the original factory pad and it kicks like a mule.
4. Take apart the trigger and polish and grease the sear and trigger (no grinding). I've adjusted the weight of pull screw and from my homemade scale I would estimate the weight of pull to be around 6 pounds. I would like to get it somewhere around 4 pounds. I contemplated buying a Rifle Basix RU-T Sear but I think I can get it close to the 4 pound mark.
5. Maybe order new receiver screws? Right now I have flat-head screws. Would allen screws be a better option?
6. Tighten the receiver screws to spec. From what I've read the front screw should be 95 inch pounds and the back two should tightened and then backed off 1/8th turn, correct?

I'll try shooting it after these mods are done. If accuracy is good, I'll call it a day. If not, I'll try adding a dab of bedding near the front of the fore-end.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Glass Bedding Areas.jpg (184.6 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg Magazine Box.jpg (162.6 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Trigger.jpg (146.9 KB, 183 views)

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 9 queries