View Single Post
Old September 3, 2008, 09:45 AM   #13
woad_yurt

To Citizen Carrier....

About CZ 52 light hammer strikes:

Note: It really isn't the gun's striking the primer ultra-lightly, it's the lousy surplus ammo's fault. CZ 52s have a pretty stiff hammer action as made. Anyway....

The hammer spring is a long, thin coil spring inside of the grip area. To get rid of the too-light-strike-on-the-concrete-primer issue, I took out the spring, put a tiny washer on the spring's guide pin (rod?) and then put the spring back in. The little washer/spacer fixed everything. It took me all of 2 minutes to do & I think the washer cost me four cents, maybe six.

About HP ammo being too costly:

$19.29/box for new Wolf HPs isn't too bad of a price for SD ammo. I know that that's all there is out there but, IMO, these are enough. I've shot them into wet newspapers, a stack of screwed together 2x4s, a treated 6x6, and a thick, old oak beam. They are destructive, big time.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...976&t=11082005

Make it worth my while and I'll sell you a mechanically tweaked CZ 52 with some real sights on it. These are monster powerful, extremely accurate guns if one gives 'em a bare minimum of TLC. I'd take a CZ 52 over a 1911 any day, without hesitation. I have 2 of them and both of them work 100% flawlessly now. One has about $250 in it, the other, the chromed one, about $300 (it cost more originally.) They'll produce two handed, unsupported, standing, fairly rapidly fired 6" groups at 100 yards every time. Take your time and you can hit a 16 oz. soda bottle from the same 100 yds. with every shot. The finished pistol will probably be more accurate than the shooter holding it. It is with me.

Addendum about the slide not staying back after last round:

Lots of folks blame the gun for stuff when the magazines are the real culprit. If they are the correct shape on top, the gun works like it should. Also, the empty gun slide lock lever's pin is usually loose. Replace w/nut and bolt. Problem solved.

Someone once commented negatively about my taking the time to do all of this stuff to a lowly CZ 52. I spent less than 90 minutes' total time and $550 and now have two screaming pistols. No one ever thinks twice about a 10/22-AR 15-1911-etc build that costs way more.

Page generated in 0.02270 seconds with 8 queries