View Single Post
Old July 8, 1999, 10:54 PM   #12
Josh D

You guys have me a little confused. Here is my situation. I will be coyote hunting, and about 99.9999% of the ones I see are out in the open, usually in the middle of a field or on the side of a field. I want to know what scope I need so I can get it now and be ready for this winter(thats when Y2K is too, just now thought of that). If I am walking around, I will use open sights. But for field shooting, I need a scope. I will probably not shoot past 300, but AR's are capable of 800+, cuz they shoot em' that far. Besides, I have never hit a target at 500, and the AR can do that. I don't want to have a gun that can perform, but no key to unlock it, know what I mean Vern? You wouldn't put 87 octane in a Porche, so why limit your AR to 250 or 300? Anyhow, I had a 3-9x40 Simmons on my old AR, but I sold it before I could try it out. Let me restate my first sentance. I AM TOTALLY FRIGGIN LOST!!!! One thing I do know is that .224 bullets drop a lot between 0 yards and 500 yards. If you are shooting between 100 and 500, isn't a BDC mandatory? A coyote is hard to hit long range, cuz you have from belly to back, and that ain't but about a foot. If you think that bullet drop dosen't matter, sight in your scope at 100 and shoot at a 500 yard target. Why don't you try to pee on that target while you're at it. It ain't gonna happen. Sorry for all the trouble, but will someone start over and give me the facts about my situation?

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries