View Single Post
Old April 23, 2018, 08:52 AM   #13
F. Guffey

Quote:
I agree, but there are 10's of 1000's of these things in the wild with some or all of those things completed.
I started to build 2 bench rest type rifles so I started on two M1917s,, I have 4 P14s that are well on their way to becoming something else. I also have a P14 that is chambered to 30/06 and a M1917 that is chambered to 308 Norma Mag.

And I also have the ugliest rifle ever sporterized; It is a Remington M1917m I purchased it from a Gun Broker auction for $120.00. Reloading forum members had an extended field day with all of the tacky talk.

ME! I could not believe anyone could build anything that ugly without knowing what he was doing so I bid and then won. I asked forum members to hold it down because I was concerned the attention could drive the price up.

I started out with a plan that was for the sum of the parts. But first I loaded up some ammo and headed for the range. There was not much I could do to improve on the accuracy. No flyers and groups did not open up. They moved, I used 12 different loads with 10 rounds each with new, once fired commercial, military cases and different brand cases. No group was larger than a quarter.

So much for the plan that included the sum of the parts, I applied the leaver policy and lefter the way I founder.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03505 seconds with 8 queries