View Single Post
Old September 21, 2010, 01:13 PM   #30
Tucker 1371

MisterWhite,

I can definitely relate to your story. The three uninterrupted semesters I spent in college (currently waiting until next semester to start back) I lived in a 1st floor, one story apartment. My last 3 weeks or so there were some break-ins in the area and a murder in my complex so I took a trip home one weekend and brought my 20ga down with me.

Now I'm back home working and waiting to start class again. When I'm at home by myself on my days off I don't really "carry" but I try to keep my PT 1911 somewhere in the room I am in constantly. There's also a 20ga sitting in a corner downstairs and an SKS and another 1911 somewhere upstairs.

We have some strange/shady folks who show up from time to time and look surprised when I open the door (hiding the 1911 behind it) and ask them "Hey there, you/yall need help with anything?" They usually say something like "Oh no, just wondering if that jeep you got there is for sale" or "I was wondering if you knew so-and-so". Never gone and checked it out (and I don't plan to) but I've been told there's some place where meth junkies like to get together or do business or whatever it is they do so that's part of the reason for my caution even living here, way outside of the city limits.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries