View Single Post
Old April 19, 2023, 07:59 AM   #41
taylorce1

So I picked up some Federal GMM 168 grain ammunition as between honeydos, painters, and work I don't have time to work on a load right now. I'm still trying to figure out what to do next, I'll also admit I'm having a rough time shooting this rifle. At 6.5 lbs from the bench it has been harder to control than my 7 lbs .30-06.

I shot 10 rounds of the Fed GMM yesterday. Shots 1-6, fed from magazine let barrel cool 10 minutes between 3 shot groups. POA center of large diamond. Groups measured with Range Buddy app.

Group size 2.04", Group Area 1.35" Wide 2.01" High, Mean Radius 0.84", and POI 2.65" Left 2.54" Low.

Adjusted scope 6/10 mil up and same 6/10 mil adjustment right, shot 7-10 same POA as shots 1-6. Shots 7-9 from magazine and single loaded shot 10 from the top with no cooling time.

Group size 2.27" Group Area 0.82" wide 2.24" High, Mean Radius 0.81", POI 2.65" Left 0.28" Low.

All shots at 16X as it bracketed the target the best at 100 yards. I was expecting a similar sized group as the first two, but surprised it shot low first shot and actually moved left. I'm not happy the scope didnt obey windage inputs. All shots with hand resting over top of scope, and not having my thumb wrapped around grip. Sling studs were removed.

I'll be swaping out the scope for my NF this morning. I'm really not happy that the windage didn't move, and I'll test the Athlon later and see if it was a fluke or not. Now before anyone says something about my bench technique, I was just following Mark Bansner's advice for shooting light rifles. If you fast forward to 8 minutes he explains this technique, I just don't have the Bulls Bag style rest mine is similar to the Caldwell Deadshot.

Page generated in 0.03550 seconds with 8 queries