View Single Post
Old July 15, 2023, 07:56 PM   #4
stagpanther

My personal opinion is that you can get exceptional accuracy out of an AR (10 or otherwise) but compared to a bolt gun there is a lot more going on getting a cartridge from the magazine to the chamber (and the case back out)--in other words there are more mechanical and gas operations that need to be optimally tuned when compared to the simplicity of a bolt gun. AR's can also have limitations imposed on the cartridge OAL by the magazine, which may prevent optimal seating of the bullet relative to distance to the lands. My rule of thumb for my personal ARs is if it gets 1 to 1.5 MOA @ 100 or more yds that is acceptable and "solid" performance, especially if it gets it with a variety of types of ammo. If it get sub MOA once I find a load it "likes" that's very good; if it can get close to .5 or less MOA fairly consistently with a good load that's exceptional. but that's just my opinion based on my skill level.

Page generated in 0.03751 seconds with 8 queries