View Single Post
Old June 17, 2018, 06:35 AM   #24
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Some people equate # of posts with experience. Its not the case, but they won't let you think otherwise.
I see this complaint a lot. What I don't see is all the posts by TFL members claiming that their post count makes them experienced.

What I DO see a lot of is people assuming (and complaining) that when a member with lots of posts speaks confidently/authoritatively, they must be doing so based on the number of posts they have.

There are many reasons a person might speak confidently/authoritatively but apparently a surprising number of members don't see it that way--they believe that it can only be the speaker is doing so because they have a lot of posts.

1. A large post count makes a member experienced in posting and in following the TFL code of conduct. That's about it.

2. If a TFL member tries to use a post count to inflate the value of their opinion (in matters unrelated to how to post on TFL or follow TFL rules), or to devalue someone else's, report it. That kind of thing is nonsense--it wastes everyone's time.

3. The ONLY thing post count is officially used for is to determine eligibility to post ads in the TFL gunshow subforum.
Quote:
The worst offenders hang out in the Tactics/Training and Pistol forums.
Looking at the number of posts made in those portions of TFL will help explain why anytime there's a lot of anything at TFL, it seems to happen more in those subforums.

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries