View Single Post
Old March 4, 2018, 12:24 PM   #3
RC20

After reading a well researched article on the modern effective cleaners that are non hazardous and non odor (Hoppes was getting to my wife and I was having to clean outside) .

My day in day out is Carbon Killer 2000 (I call it CK2k) - there may be other similar product on the market. It seems to be a citrus based cleaner.

While it works good on cold guns, its even faster on warm barrels, so now I clean my guns at the range when I am done shooting.

What works is a nylon brush and an eye dropper to apply the CK2k.

I drizzle the CK2k on the nylon brush (nylon hold the liquid better) then run it through the barrel. Drizzle more on it and then 3 to 5 strokes, repeat once with more on it each time, then a dry patch though.

That comes through soaked and very dirty.

About 3 cycles of that and its clean. You don't have to run a wet patch as the process leaves plenty in the barrel.

Once its clean I run a last dry patch through.

I also have some stuff called Bore Tech Eliminator. Its more copper oriented but also non haz and no odor and extremely effective. It will clean carbon up as well, not as good as CK2k, but if its a layer of copper over carbon it will allow penetration to the next layer of copper.

I don't see a lot of copper, mostly that old milgary rifles. The process turns them into factory new gleaming (if they have not been shot a lot, I have an old 1903 my Step Dads father had, it was a target rifle at one point and its pretty shot up, I would guess 5000 rounds + through it, bore worn to about 5 - too much shooting to clean up)

The rest are stunning, what you think is an old glazed bore comes sparkly clean.

Page generated in 0.02186 seconds with 8 queries