View Single Post
Old January 27, 2019, 12:29 PM   #147
Metal god

Quote:
Why someone has to screw the die down even more after die and shellholder are bottomed out , I can't wrap my head around that unless something is out of spec , shellholder , die or chamber .
I think we talked about it here but it depends on when the die and shell holder are making contact . I have pics showing the die and shell holder making contact before sizing but when sizing they no longer touch . In that case you'd need to screw it down more after they touched . If they are making contact at the top of the stoke when sizing a case then there is no need to adjust further , the case is not going to be sized any more then it already has at that point . Well unless you subscribe to the theory holding the ram at the top for a second or two will actually size the case more .

I know that does not make sense worded that way but it's what is meant . The theory is holding the ram at the top for a count or two reduces spring back on the case resulting in the case being shorter from head to datum point then it other wise would have been . That to me means holding it at the top sizes your cases shorter . Haha how's that for a can of worms this thread didn't need lol .

Quote:
once I answered a post from a guy called pipe guy and this thing changed it to tit guy
Happens to me all the time but it's not auto correct , it's just me pushing the wrong keys . I go back sometimes and look at what I wrote and think what the heck was that . Not sure if you guys have ever noticed but my posts are always edited , that's why haha . Maybe proof reading before submitting is a good idea for me .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; January 27, 2019 at 02:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.03270 seconds with 8 queries