View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 10:59 PM   #25
Patriot86

Sounds like a new officer, perhaps one who hasn't lived in WV for very long if he is that unfamiliar OC. I think proper procedure if he was detaining you, because basically that is what he did would have been to have a uniformed officer come and handle it. I think the cop overreacted and violated your rights.

To the guy who was cuffed like a criminal while the cop ran your gun, IMO you should have also filed a complaint. Typically if a cop cuffs you, he is going to arrest or at least "detain" you. I can understand disarming you but the cuffing was unnecessary, he doesn't cuff drivers he just pulls over. He cuffs drivers he suspects of doing something illegal.

Sadly this is why we HAVE guns in America, because without them by now in our 200+ year history we would probably resemble at best something like Belarus or Egypt without that last "check and balance" to the system.

On what yet some others have said about cops making your life a living hell: This is true. We have many many examples of this. A recent example was this woman who was a police dispatcher of some kind. Magically, someone starts writing her ex-husband dozens of bogus tickets. For places where his car wasn't, for things like parking too close to the curb, too far from the curb, wheels turned out away from the curb. Every frivolous thing you can imagine. Sometimes multiples per day. No one seems to have ever "solved" how this all happened but you connect the dots on your own. After several years of fighting the poor victim here finally got all of the tickets thrown out. If the cops or someone connected to the cops wants to make your life a living hell; they don't need firearms issues to do so.

Last edited by Patriot86; February 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Page generated in 0.02429 seconds with 8 queries