View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 06:01 PM   #11
Uncle Buck

Hey Yomitche! Welcome to wonderfully frustrating world of reloading. Research is going to be your friend.

I started with the Rockchucker kit from RCBS and read the book about four times before I began reloading. Once I began, the questions that I felt needed to be answered kept piling up. I bought the ABC's of Reloading and it answered some of those questions... But raised a few more. I bought a few more reloading manuals and started asking for clarification from the folks here. They helped big time.

Definately invest in a pair of calipers. I have found that factory ammo lengths can vary from box to box.

Until you are VERY comfortable in reloading, do not venture out on your own and start making your own recipes. Follow established recipes and you will do OK.

When you have a question, ask us. Our bark is worse than our bite and we are more concerned about your safety than you would think.

Let us know how your reloads shoot and any problems you have with them. Someone with more experience has been in the same boat before and will offer you advice on how to fix/overcome the problem. Looking forward to seeing you on the forum.

Page generated in 0.03350 seconds with 8 queries