View Single Post
Old May 5, 2001, 10:22 PM   #39
madmike

It is legal to carry a knife in most states. Don't let any local yokel tell you otherwise. Most agricultural states (MO being a notable exception.) don't retrict knives because Corn knives become weapons then. Even states with limits usually have one you cna work with--5.5" in TX, for example.
I have msot states on file if you care to email me at [email protected] (I'm a custom maker and retailer--I have to have a passing fam with them)

best weapons: boots and walking sticks are legal everywhere. Kubotans everywhere except NYC.
Chemical sprays aren't worth a damn. Some are immune, some run through them, there's no range in wind, you might get a faceful...it won't even stop my neighbor's hounddawg from barking, and that's a police strength spray.

Batons if they are legal, or brass knucks, assuming you have time to put them on--easy to use. (they are legal her in Indiana. Actually, almost everything is legal here, except beer on Sunday).

Good neck knives, but hard to justify other than as a weapon. A good folder with tape residue is a "tool for opening boxes."

I don't recommend push daggers. all you can do is stab. Get a good swept point or tanto. Daggers are illegal some places, and hard to justify except as a weapon (and if the poor young man who was taking a late night stroll with a tire iron and a collection of wallets he happened to find sues you, that WILL be important.)

I love the Camillus Cudas. Cold Steel, Spyderco, some Bucks, Benchmade, all are excellent folders. And even in CHicago with a 3" limit, they are mean enough to work.

"Remember, the best weapon you have is between your ears and under your hair...provided it's loaded." Heinlein

Page generated in 0.02127 seconds with 8 queries