View Single Post
Old November 18, 1999, 04:56 PM   #11
LoneStar

In no particular order:

Spending time with my Dad, brother, and assorted "Huntin' buddies". Seems this is the only real time we have to get together.

Meat, I don't need or want to pay some yahoo to pack my meat full of chemicals & packing it in styrafoam. I prefer to have my dinner provided by my own luck & skill, and grace & bounty of nature.

Respect for the Animal - I eat meat, naturally. I believe it shows more respect for the animal that has to die to provide that meat if I take it upon myself to go out and take an animal that is free, and has spent it's life free, as opposed to spending it's life confined.

Reinforces my sense of self reliance. If I need to, I can take care of (feed) myself & my family.

Witness Nature - Nature, she's a real Mother!
The contrast of beauty & cruelty of the natural world is both awe-inspiring, and humbling

Challenge - The only thing better than working a long, almost perfect stalk on a big game animal, just to have it all blown at the last instant by a spooked jack-rabbit (happend openning day), is when it all goes your way, and you are lucky enough to take the animal. No matter how good you are, you can always get better. And LUCK is always the deciding factor. You will never know how it's going to turn out until you get in there & try.

Because I can!

Page generated in 0.02931 seconds with 8 queries