View Single Post
Old April 11, 2012, 07:22 AM   #6
BoogieMan

"""Then how did you inherit them? Are you the sole beneficiary of the will, or did your father leave certain things to certain people and "everything else" to you? At this point, since you say the firearms were not specifically mentioned it is not clear how (or if) you actually inherited them.""""
That is the issue I am running into. I was given the guns by my mother after my father passed. I grabbed up as many as I had cases to transport and planned on going back to grab the rest. My 1/2-Brother (not dad's) then decided to lock down the rest of them before I came back. Without getting into it to deeply, I got what I got but and the family is all clear and in agrees. But the guns are not specifically called out in the will. I plan on filling out the on line form for transfer of ownership of all the long guns and having my mother/executer sign off just to avoid any possible issues in the future. BTW- this pistol was made late 40's Llama 9mm Largo. My dad bought it in '59 from a magazine add. Its worth the $18 he paid for it then but not much more. It does however have a sentimental value, just not enough to risk my freedom over. I am going to read through the NJ firearms laws a little more carefully.

Page generated in 0.05849 seconds with 8 queries