View Single Post
Old September 12, 2008, 05:38 AM   #2
Striker071

ok 1.5 inches.... I think I would save my money. If You were going to a 11 inch or 10.5 inch barrel then I would think about jumping through the hoops. And if you are going that short why not get a 3 shot burst. If you put a surpressor on a SBR you have a LBR not really but you get what I mean. The other question is what is the purpose of the rifle? If you want it for CQB then a SBR is the ticket. The shorter barrel will change the velocity of bullet and the point of where it will fragment. ( I am sure there are others that can explain that a lot better than me) If you want a multi-purpose rifle stick with a 16 inch barrel ... spend the extra money on some optics and bam have a all around balanced rifle. Oh yeah.. there is a certain level of cool factor when you dress up a Black-Rifle and it seems to have balance because of the shorter barrel... hand guards, colapsable stock from Mag-pul...or Vltor and few other goodies. But again ... there has to be some common sense.. a little anyway. The biggest pain in the butt factor in my opinion about a NFA rifle is having to report when it leaves the state and the reasons why... I may be wrong about my understanding of the issue but if i wanna go plinkling with friend lets say who lives 50 miles away but in another state I cant. There has to be a better reason than that.. I hope I am wrong but it may be that way. (Again someone other than me here might be able to shed some light ont that issue as well and be more accurate than I)

Page generated in 0.03768 seconds with 8 queries